Warren Car Accident Attorney
Have you been involved in a car accident in Warren, MI? You may now be facing a long road to recovery including hundreds of doctor visits and hours spent in rehabilitative therapy. That thought process can be almost as exhausting as the injury recovery itself. You shouldn’t have to worry about your finances while you’re trying to recover from an injury that was caused by someone else. Call a Warren car accident lawyer Haque Legal today. We will help you pursue a personal injury action against the at-fault driver.
Why Use A Car Accident Attorney From Haque Legal?
- We’ve won millions in settlement dollars for our clients.
- Our personal injury lawyers in Southfield, Warren, and Dearborn have years of experience litigating car accident personal injury in the Warren, MI courts.
- We take a team approach to every case, so you’ll always have multiple attorneys working hard to achieve your desired outcome.
Our Attorneys Will Take Care Of The Insurance Company
Insurance companies are ruthless and adjusters are trained to see you as a dollar sign rather than a person with a real, cognizable injury. Our car accident attorneys know how insurance companies operate and how to combat the underhanded tactics insurance companies use to convince you to take a lower settlement amount than you deserve.
Not only will we handle all negotiations but we will assist you in filing the paperwork necessary to get the claims process started. It may be difficult to determine where to start, especially when you’re undergoing procedures and rehab. Our lawyers will handle the process from start to finish, so you won’t have to speak with the insurance company at all.
Types Of Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries range from moderate to very severe. The most common car accident injuries we see include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Neck And Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Knee Injuries
- Crush Injuries
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should seek medical attention immediately.
What Are The Damages You Can Recover?
Medical expenses include doctors bills, ambulance rides, prescription medication, ongoing physical therapy, surgery bills, x-ray bills, and more. You should make a copy of every bill you receive from a medical provider in order to prove the exact costs of your injury.
Oftentimes, your injury is so severe that you are not able to work for a while after the accident. Lost wages help you recover the money you would have earned had you been working.
Pain And Suffering
Pain and suffering damages are qualitative damages related to the mental pain and bodily pain you are in after the accident. These damages are meant to compensate you for emotional distress, injury to reputation, loss of consortium, and much more. Our car accident can help you determine what pain and suffering damages you can recover for.
In addition, if you lost someone because of a car accident, reach out to our Southfield wrongful death lawyers about your case.
What Is The Michigan Auto Insurance Law?
Michigan recently switched to a no-fault state, meaning an injured driver would seek financial compensation from his or her own insurance company, regardless of who is at fault. This has interesting implications for motor vehicle drivers in the Warren, MI area.
Michigan changed its law because it found that car accident victims were denied compensation routinely or under-compensated. As such, the car accident victims were subject to a lengthy court process. It could take years to receive damages through the court system.
Michigan’s no-fault law works to compensate car accident victims quickly. Insurance companies are required to pay the injured driver’s medical bills and lost wages upon the filing of an application, regardless of who was at fault for the accident.
What Are The Changes To Michigan’s No-Fault Insurance Laws?
- You are no longer required to carry unlimited PIP insurance. Now, you have the option to continue unlimited coverage or cap your coverage at $250,000/$500,0000
- If you are on Medicare, you can opt-out of PIP medical benefits coverage
- Auto insurance companies are only obligated to pay for 56 hours or less of in-home, family-provided care
- Medical providers will have to confirm their charges to the medicare-based fee schedule
- Bodily injury liability coverage is now required of no less than $250,000
- Injured parties can sue the at-fault driver for excess medical benefits if their injuries exceed the policy caps
- The Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association will pay for medical benefits coverage of all catastrophically injured car accident victims if unlimited is selected on the PIP auto policy
- Car accident victims can claim no-fault insurance benefits from the Michigan Assigned Claims Plan if they do not have insurance. That is capped at $250,000.
How A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
The new Michigan insurance law is confusing. A car accident attorney in Southfield, Warren, and Dearborn can help you navigate these new changes and make sure you can recover the settlement amount you deserve. In the event that the insurance company denies your claim or the cost of your injuries exceeds the policy limits of your policy, we will challenge the insurance agency’s determination in court or seek excess medical benefits from the at-fault driver. We will:
- Gather evidence to support your claims of injury
- Handle all negotiations with opposing counsel and the insurance company
- Initiate insurance claims and litigation proceedings
- Depose and cross-examine witnesses
We’ll work hard to make sure the insurance company has no reason to deny your claim, and we’ll fight in court to ensure the jury awards you a fair excess damage award if necessary.
Contact A Warren Car Accident Lawyer At Haque Legal
Contact one of our skilled car accident attorneys today. We’ll help you get on the path to financial recovery immediately. You don’t have to navigate the insurance or court process on your own. Contact us or call at (248) 996-9954 and one of our skilled car accident attorneys will review your case and help you figure out your best options.