Southfield Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have criminal charges against you, contact a skilled Southfield criminal defense attorney at Haque Legal immediately. A defense lawyer can help you defend against criminal charges and mitigate the outcome by reducing your jail sentence, fines, or wiping the slate clean completely. You want to make sure you have competent legal representation when the stakes are this high. The Haque legal team is here for you. Call us today and one of our dedicated criminal defense attorneys will walk you through your best options.
Why Choose A Legal Criminal Defense Lawyer From Haque Legal?
- We’ve successfully defended hundreds of clients against criminal charges.
- We will zealously advocate for our clients until the very end.
- We take a team approach to every case, so you’ll always have multiple attorneys working to achieve the best result possible for your case.
You can rest easy knowing that Haque Legal uses a time-effective and team-oriented approach, meaning our experienced personal injury lawyers collaborate together on your case, providing you with the legal help your particular case needs.
What Types Of Criminal Defense Cases Does Haque Legal Handle?
Our attorneys have years of experience working on criminal defense cases. However, some cases come across our desks more often than others. In the past, some of the most common types of criminal defense cases we handle include:
- Southfield DUI/OWI charges
- Southfield Drug charges
- Southfield Weapons charges
- Southfield Domestic violence charges
Even if you don’t see your charge on this list, we handle any type of criminal defense case. Just give us a call and one of our criminal defense attorneys will discuss your charge with you and what we can do to help you.
How We Handle DUI/OWI Charges?
DUI/OWI charges are some of the most common criminal charges we see. It is important to have good representation when you’re facing a Southfield DUI/OWI charge because the court can suspend your license, sentence you to jail time, issue large fines, and even force you to turn over your vehicle to the state. Your employment opportunities may also be affected due to a DUI/OWI charge. We will gather and present evidence to mitigate the consequences of your DUI/OWI charge to help you avoid the severe penalties.
How Do We Handle Drug Charges?
Drug charges carry severe penalties like prolonged jail time. Our Southfield drug charges attorneys will do everything we can to attack the circumstances surrounding your drug charge like the validity of your arrest, the validity of the warrant issued, the validity of the search the police conducted, and much more. We will look at your drug charge from every angle. Regardless of if you had illegal substances on you, you are entitled to constitutional protections.
It is not uncommon for police or prosecutors to infringe on those constitutional protections in order to get a conviction. If you are charged with possession, distribution, or manufacturing of drugs, you may face anywhere from 1 to 20 years in prison and up to $50,000 in fines. Not to mention the diminished earning capabilities in the loss of your right to vote and right to own firearms. Call us today and our Southfield criminal defense lawyers help put you on the path to freedom.
How Do We Handle Weapons Charges?
Weapons charges, similar to drug charges, carry with them the possibility of prolonged jail sentences, high fines, and the loss of certain abilities like the ability to vote and the ability to own firearms.
Weapons charges can be tacked on to any number of criminal charges. It is not uncommon to see drug charges and weapon charges or domestic violence charges and weapons charges. Your Southfield weapons charges attorney will collect evidence to defend against each charge, individually.
How Do We Handle Domestic Violence Charges?
Under the domestic violence statutes in Michigan, the criminal prosecution process will not be stopped when the alleged victim recants their statement. Once the process has been started, it is out of the alleged victim’s hands and in the hands of the prosecutor.
Further, a police officer does not need anything other than reasonable suspicion that domestic violence occurred. That is a very low standard. Therefore a skilled Southfield domestic violence attorney is necessary to defend against the unique nature of such charges.
What Are The Criminal Prosecution Steps?
It’s important to know what to expect out of the criminal prosecution process. This is typically how it goes:
- Arraignment: The arraignment is where you will enter your plea. You can enter a plea of guilty, not guilty, or no-contest.
- Pre-trial: Pre-trial is a critical stage of the process. This is where we try to get the case thrown out on constitutional issues, or where we negotiate more favorable terms with the prosecution.
- Trial: If we can’t resolve the case before trial, we’ll prepare and get ready to defend your case in front of a jury and a judge.
- Verdict: The verdict signals the close of trial. During the verdict stage, the jury tells us where they have landed on the issue and whether you are guilty or not.
- Sentencing: If the jury finds you guilty, we proceed to the sentencing. At sentencing, both sides will give recommendations to the judge, and the judge will hand down your sentence. Your sentence could include jail time, fines, community service, or any combination of the three.
- Appeals: We can appeal a trial court decision for any number of reasons such as legal error, jury issues, judge bias, etc.
The criminal prosecution process can take months or years. No matter how long it takes, your Southfield criminal defense attorneys from Haque Legal will be with you every step of the way.
Contact A Southfield Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
If you are facing criminal charges, you need a skilled team on your side to approach your criminal charges from as many angles as possible. At Haque Legal, we use a team approach to make sure that no stone is left unturned, and we have the courtroom experience you need to overcome this. Contact us and one of our criminal defense attorneys will review your case and work with you to chart a path to overcoming your criminal charges.