Dearborn Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents are devastating and oftentimes deadly. In some instances, they can lead to a stockpile of medical bills and months, if not years, of rehabilitation. If you or your loved one is suffering an injury from a truck accident, contact Haque Legal. At Haque Legal, our Dearborn truck accident lawyers are dedicated to providing Michigan residents affected by trucking accidents with a legal route to recover financial compensation from the at-fault party. Call us today (248) 996-9954 and one of our skilled truck accident attorneys in Southfield, Dearborn, or Warren can assist you in discussing your options.
Why Choose Haque Legal?
- We aren’t afraid to stand up to insurance companies to fight for maximum compensation for you.
- We’re very thorough, and we won’t leave any stone unturned when seeking financial recovery on your behalf.
- We have successfully won millions in settlement awards for our clients.
Steps To Take After A Truck Accident
The following steps may not always be possible depending on your condition. If that is the case, seek medical attention immediately after your accident and leave the rest to the personal injury lawyers in Southfield, Dearborn, and Warren. The ideal scenario would be to follow the guidelines below:
- Call 911 if there are life-threatening injuries
- Call the trucking company to report the accident
- Collect the other driver’s license and insurance information
- Gather witness statements or witness information
- Take pictures of the accident site
- Collect important documents and other essentials
- File a police report for legal purposes
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Hire a truck accident attorney
Injuries After A Truck Accident
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Wrongful death
Common Causes Of Truk Accidents
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol and drugs
- Poor training and maintenance
- Improper cargo loading
Many causes of truck accidents occur due to the fault of another driver or the fault of the truck driver’s employer. In either case, a Dearborn truck accident attorney can help you pursue financial compensation.
How To Prove Negligence
The claim against your employer is most likely going to be a negligence claim. There are four elements of negligence that you and your attorney must prove:
- Did the defendant owe a duty to the plaintiff?
- Did the defendant’s actions constitute a breach of duty?
- Were the defendant’s actions responsible for the injuries the plaintiff sustained?
- Do the plaintiff’s injuries qualify for damages for which a defendant can compensate them?
A truck accident lawyer can assist you in developing evidence to prove each element of your claim and demonstrate how the other party’s careless actions resulted in your accident injuries.
Damages You Can Recover
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages
- Much, much more
What A Dearborn Truck Driver Attorney Can Do For You
- Gather evidence to support your claims of injury
- Handle all negotiations with opposing counsel and the insurance company
- Initiate insurance claims and litigation proceedings
- Depose and cross-examine witnesses
- Manage court hearings and filing deadlines
- Hire an accident scene reconstructionist to present at trial
- Hire expert witnesses to discuss the extent and nature of your injuries
- If a truck accident results in the loss of life, our Southfield wrongful death lawyers can help you with your case.
Contact Us At Haque Legal Today
If you suffered a serious injury from a truck accident due to someone else’s carelessness, contact Haque Legal. We are always here to answer any questions you have about recovering financially due to a trucking accident and are dedicated to fighting for the settlement decisions our clients deserve. Contact us to a free case consultation with one of our skilled truck accident attorneys today. (248) 996-9954