More often than not, it is the Secretary of State or his representative that determines if there is a reason to believe that a driver is unable to properly operate a motor vehicle safely. The following are the common reasons that are raised by the authorities:
When the driver is no longer comfortable driving or the secretary of state of Michigan has reason to believe that the driver has health reasons that would prevent him from driving properly then a driver reexamination is necessary.
If your driver’s license is being suspended or put on hold by the secretary of state and you want to get it back you have to prove that the health reasons or the reasons related to your health that are stated for the suspension of your driving privileges are false or no longer in existence.
Alcoholism is a health reason that is often stated by the secretary of state in most of the revocations of the driving privileges of some drivers.
In their own volition, the office of the secretary of state of Michigan may revoke the driving privileges of drivers who are at fault in accidents or have been involved in crashes that are catastrophic and have been proven to be at fault.
While the revocation of the driving privilege is often not required or not automatic it may happen that your driving privilege in the state of Michigan will be removed from you if you were unable to prove that your involvement in the crash was merely by an accident.
Unsatisfactory Driving Record
When you have an unsatisfactory driving record you will also expect that you will have to do a driver reexamination test because the secretary of state deems it necessary that you do so.
How many times can I take the driver reexamination in Michigan?
Drivers are allowed to take the driver reexamination based on the assessment of the Secretary of State.
What are the criteria set for the driver reexamination?
For you to be considered eligible for driver reexamination, you should follow the following criteria:
- The Secretary of State has reason to believe that you are unfit to drive a motor vehicle or have a physical, visual, or mental condition that makes it unsafe for you to operate a motor vehicle.
- You have been involved in any crash resulting in a fatality where the crash report indicates that you were negligent or had been drinking.
- You have been in three or more traffic crashes resulting in personal injury or property damage over the past two years.
- You have accumulated 12 or more points within two years.
- You have been convicted of violating the restrictions, terms, or conditions of your license. If you are required to attend a reexamination, a driver analyst will review your driving record and discuss your driving behavior with you. If your license is restricted, suspended, or revoked as a result of the reexamination, you will be apprised of your appeal rights and license reinstatement information.
This information is lifted from the Michigan driver’s handbook.
Can I apply for a driver reexamination?
Yes, you can apply to be eligible for driver reexamination in the State of Michigan. Here is Haque Legal, we believe that getting a second chance at your driver’s license is everyone’s privilege and you should take advantage of it,
With that, you may apply for driver reexamination through the help of our law firm.
Were you pulled over in Michigan?
Now that you know some facts about getting traffic tickets in the State of Michigan, it is time to get down to it. If you require a lawyer who can assist you with ensuring that you protect your rights to your property, it is important to know that you also have a team that can help you out with your specific needs.
Our law firm is dedicated to making sure that those who are innocent will be protected by the law and that the full extent of justice will be used.
The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.
Let us help you out.
If you need a lawyer to help you during your traffic ticket proceedings, call us immediately. Let us help you set things right.