Normally, any individual who wants to enter the United States would either need a VISA or a powerful passport. Since we have strict immigration rules, getting a VISA is not a walk in the park. For some, they do have a fighting chance to get a VISA but for others, the chance is futile and very slim.
In this article, let us answer the question: who cannot enter the United States? To begin, let us look at what the law says when no visa or documentation is not issued.
When is no VISA or other documentation not issued to an alien?
An alien will not be issued a VISA or other documentation for migration under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act which provides the following:
(g) No visa or other documentation shall be issued to an alien if:
(1) it appears to the consular officer, from statements in the application, or in the papers submitted therewith, that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 212, or any other provision of law,
(2) the applicant fails to comply with the provisions of this Act, or the regulations issued thereunder, or
(3) the consular officer knows or has reason to believe that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 212, or any other provision of law.
There will not be any VISA issues whenever the individual involved is ineligible based on his papers and documents. The ineligibilities are not random. The Inadmissibility laws of the United States are very strict. Hence, the list of those who cannot enter the United States is always defined, they are the following:
- When the individual has a communicable disease – the list of communicable diseases is those noted by the Centers for Diseases Control (CDC);
- When the applicant has a physical or mental disorder of public health significance, he is also considered ineligible for admission to the United States;
- When you have a drug abuse or addiction that is known, you are considered ineligible to enter the United States;
- Individuals who also have a drug trafficking record are not allowed entry into the United States;
- Those who are convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude are not allowed entry to the United States;
- Those with multiple criminal convictions are also not allowed entry to the country;
- Individuals who have a record of having Intentions or a history of committing espionage or terrorism; and
- Also not allowed entry are those who have been convicted and involved in the crime of prostitution, those with participated in Nazi persecution or genocide, torture, or extrajudicial killings; those with failed to receive all the vaccinations recommended by the United States government; those with violations of the United States immigration laws and those who are seen to have a likelihood of becoming dependent on public assistance or welfare.
In previous articles, we have discussed the specific provisions of law that discusses inadmissibility. In the coming articles, we will be diving more into the topic.
Haque Legal is Here To Help
We have been around. We have handled hundreds of cases of immigration. We can help you get your visa and work your way around getting that citizenship that you deserve. Haque Legal is here and you can find that the best kind of experience for you is to hire our law firm.
Here at Haque Legal, we always have your back. Make sure that on your first free consultation, we tell you everything that you need to know about your immigration case as well as the cost and the expenses that would be associated with it.
The consultation is free for the first time because we understand that you need to at least have that guidance coming from a reputable law firm and lawyer to assess your case. If you have concerns about your immigration and you need a lawyer to handle it you can always contact our law firm and we can talk about your situation and the best way that we can handle it, especially in terms of the expenses.
Let Haque Legal Help You With Your Case
If you require a lawyer who can assist you with ensuring that you protect your rights, it is important to know that you also have a team that can help you out with your specific needs.
Our law firm is dedicated to making sure that those who are innocent will be protected by the law and that the full extent of justice will be used.
The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.
Let us help you out
If you need a Southfield immigration lawyer to help you during your proceedings, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.