You Need Haque Legal From The Beginning
What we can say to our clients is that they would need our services from the beginning when the investigation is turning into a questionnaire. Some please officers who use the tactic of placing you on the scene by asking you some friendly questions from the beginning. We always tell our clients that the only people who will be on your side would be your lawyers in these kinds of situations.
What happens if you talk to the police without your lawyer involved?
If you talk to the place without your lawyer involved being present during the questioning you might make the mistake of creating a statement that the police will twist at the end. Always be on the lookout for your own words and we always recommend that you have your lawyer with you during the time of the questioning and investigation.
The best time to get legal help when you are being investigated for sex crimes in Michigan is at the beginning when the police are just beginning to question you.
The Sex Crimes And Punishments
To begin our discussion, we should first look at the list of sex crimes and the punishments that they carry at the maximum penalty. We will discuss the sex crimes in a separate article:
- Criminal Sexual Conduct 1st Degree has a penalty of life imprisonment.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct 2nd Degree has a penalty of 15 years.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct 3rd Degree has a penalty of 15 years.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree has a penalty of 2 years.
- Assault with Intent to Commit Sexual Penetration has a penalty of 10 years
- Assault with Intent to Commit Criminal Sexual Conduct 2nd Degree has a penalty of 5 years
- Possession of Child Pornography or Child Sexually Abusive Activity has a penalty of 4 years and/or a $10,000 fine
- Distribution, promotion, or financing of Child Pornography has a penalty of 7 years and/or a $50,000 fine or both
- Production of Child Pornography has a penalty of 20 years and/or $100,000, or both
- Accosting/Soliciting a child under 16 for Immoral Purposes has a penalty of 4 years and/or $4,000 fine or both
- Gross Indecency has a penalty of 5 years
- Disseminating Sexually Explicit Material to a Minor has a penalty of 2 years and/or a $10,000 fine or both
- Lewd and Lascivious Cohabitation / Gross Lewdness has a penalty of 1 year and/or $1,000 fine or both
- Indecent Exposure has a penalty of 1 year, or fine not more than $1,000, or both
Get Yourself a Good Lawyer
Here at Haque Legal, we always tell potential clients that the best thing that they can do in case of a case filed against them is to get themself a good lawyer at the beginning of the proceedings. Even when you are just filling up forms or when you think that you already have a dispute, you can always get yourself a good lawyer to get started with the process
The first great thing that you can do is to make sure that you have a good guide when it comes to dealing with legalities. After all, you are fighting for your freedom and your life.
Contact Your Lawyer
If you have been involved in a criminal complaint in Michigan, you need to contact your law firm. A lawyer can help you get started with properly protecting your rights. A lawyer at Haque Legal will see to it that your needs are met from beginning to the end of the proceedings. You are always in good hands with Haque Legal and what it has to offer.
The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.
Let us help you out.
If you are having trouble with the law about a possible charge of a sex crime or you want a lawyer to help you with the representation, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.