Southfield Truck Accident Lawyer
A truck accident has the potential to cause lifelong pain, diminish your earning capacity and render you paralyzed. Even if you survive a truck accident, there is no guarantee you will be able to return to work or provide your family with the support they are accustomed to. Do not suffer in silence. Let the Southfield truck accident attorneys at Haque Legal zealously advocate on your behalf to ensure justice is served.
Why Choose Haque Legal For Your Truck Accident Attorney?
- We dig deep for all truck accident evidence including black box data and video footage
- Our Southfield car accident lawyers have won truck accident cases on behalf of several clients
- We are not intimidated by trucking companies’ corporate attorneys
- Our legal team carefully reviews every single piece of evidence relating to the truck accident
- Haque Legal attorneys collaborate with one another to develop the best legal strategy for your unique case
- Above all, we embrace the challenge of complex truck accident cases even when the cause of the accident is not crystal clear
How Can A Truck Accident Attorney Lawyer Help?
Truck accidents are not exactly the same as regular Southfield car accidents. Some trucks have black boxes similar to those used in airplanes. These boxes record data pertaining to the truck’s rate of speed, location, brake activity, level of acceleration, and other factors that are likely quite relevant to the accident. Some trucks even have cameras on board that capture continuous video footage of the area around the vehicle and also within it.
What matters most is that your attorney has the time, energy, and work ethic necessary to meticulously review every single piece of evidence. Even the smallest detail has the potential to shift the scales of justice in your favor. Use the time following your accident to focus on rebuilding your health and our Southfield personal injury attorneys will collaborate to create a legal strategy tailored to the facts of your specific case.
How Are Truck Accidents Different From Car Accidents?
The high stakes of truck driving make truck accidents more dangerous than car accidents. It can be difficult to stop a 10,000 – 25,000 pound truck. That means those truck accidents can result in severe personal injury or even wrongful death.
Truck accidents are different because:
- They can result in huge medical bills
- Drivers are facing an increased chance of death
- Drivers or families of drivers can receive huge settlements
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, a truck accident lawyer can help you navigate the claims process.
What Does Trucking Company Insurance Look Like?
Interstate truck drivers are required to carry the following liability insurance amounts in Michigan:
- $750,000 for general freight
- $1,000,000 for oil transport
- $5,000,000 for hazmat
- $300,000 for household goods
Drivers who travel out of the state also have to comply with federal liability minimums of $750,000 – $1,000,000. Michigan is a no-fault state, if you suffer injuries due to a trucking accident you can pursue payment for medical bills, lost wages, and other quantitative damages from your trucking liability insurance. An insurance company will only pay out the maximum policy limits available under the policy. Michigan allows you to seek excess damages in state court if the maximum under the policy is not enough to cover your damages.
Pursuing Pain and Suffering Damages in Michigan State Court
Trucking companies are liable while their employees are out on the road. If you suffered an egregious error due to the fault of the trucking company, you can pursue pain and suffering damages from the trucking agency in Michigan state court. You have three years from the date of injury in order to pursue these damages. A truck accident lawyer will help you get this done ASAP.
Can I Recover For A Trucking Company’s Negligent Actions?
If the trucking company’s negligent actions caused your injury, you can pursue a negligence claim against the trucking company. A trucking company can be negligent when:
- They fail to maintain the trucks
- Overload the trucks
- Force drivers to drive more hours than the mandated maximum amount
It is important to note that Michigan is a comparative fault state. That means that a jury can reduce your damage award in proportion to the amount you were at fault for the accident. A driver can contribute to the accident when:
- Drive drowsy
- Falsifying driving logs
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
What Are The Steps To Take After A Truck Accident?
- Call 911 if there are life-threatening injuries
- Call your trucking company to report the accident
- Collect the other driver’s license and insurance information
- Gather witness statements or witness information
- Take pictures of the accident site
- Collect essentials and important documents
- File a police report
- Seek medical attention
- Hire a Southfield truck accident attorney from Haque Legal
A Truck Accident Lawyer Will Walk You Through The Claims Process
A skilled truck accident attorney will be an invaluable member of your advocacy team. We have experience in dealing with these high-stakes cases and promise to:
- Handle the insurance claim process from start to finish.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Gather evidence such as witnesses’ statements, medical documents, security camera footage, police reports, and more.
We will be with you every step of the way.
What Are Some Truck Accident Injuries?
Truck accidents are particularly violent due to the massive size of big rigs. Regular automobiles weigh thousands of pounds. Multiply this weight by a five or ten and you will have a sense of the powerful impact of trucks, especially when traveling at a high rate of speed. Even a collision with a big rig at a low rate of speed can cause a life-changing injury. Furthermore, if your loved one passed away in a truck accident, our Southfield wrongful death attorneys will review your case and determine whether there is solid legal footing to move forward with a wrongful death lawsuit.
If you do not feel pain immediately after your truck accident, do not assume the coast is clear. It might take upwards of half a week for your whiplash, neck and back injuries, or other symptoms to appear. This is precisely why it is in your interest to meet with a doctor after the accident so a formal medical report can be created.
Aside from soft tissue, additional examples of injuries resulting from truck accidents include traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), concussions, broken bones, fractures, lacerations, spinal cord injuries, and even wrongful death. If this is the case, see our Southfield brain injury and Southfield spinal cord damages pages for more information.
Contact A Truck Accident Attorney At Haque Legal Today
Haque Legal works on a contingency fee basis, meaning we do not earn a single cent unless your case results in a settlement or a court award. In other words, you have nothing to lose and plenty to gain by contacting us today. Contact us or call us at (248) 996-9954 to coordinate an initial consultation with our truck accident attorneys.