Southfield DUI/OWI Attorney
Have you or a loved one recently been charged with a DUI or OWI? You may be worried about how the charge is going to affect your daily life and your bank account. The DUI/OWI process can be intimidating because of the countless hearings and threat of fines. Our attorneys at Haque Legal can help you understand and navigate the Michigan legal system with more ease. Don’t settle for an outcome you don’t deserve. Contact one of our Southfield DUI/OWI lawyers at Haque Legal.
Why Hire A Southfield DUI/OWI Attorney From Haque Legal
- We have years of experience litigating DUI/OWI offenses.
- We’ve successfully negotiated favorable outcomes for many of our clients.
- We approach each case as a team, so you’ll always have more than one attorney working for you.
What Are The Penalties?
Under Michigan law, the penalties for your first DUI offense can include:
- A jail sentence of up to 93 days
- A fine ranging from $100 – $500
- A fine of $1,000 paid annually for up to 2 years
- Up to 360 days of community service
- 30-day license suspension with some restrictions for 150 more days
- Six points on your driving record
The more DUI’s you have, the more your potential penalties will increase. If you have more than one DUI, you could be facing up to a year in jail, a $1000 fine, forfeiture of your vehicle, and a five-year driver’s license revocation.
If you are convicted of a third DUI, then you are likely to face a felony charge. If you are charged with a felony, you will lose your right to vote and the ability to own firearms for 3-5 years after your release from prison.
What Death Or Injury Occurs
If your DUI/OWI resulted in serious injury or wrongful death of another driver, then the prosecutor may attempt to charge you with a felony regardless of if this is your first DUI or not. The penalties you are facing are quite severe:
- Max of 15 years in prison
- A fine of up to $10,000
- Revoked driver’s license
- Forfeiture of your vehicle
- Six points added to your license
These penalties are much more severe and require the help of a licensed attorney to ensure you receive a fair sentence.
How A DUI/OWI Lawyer Can Help
A DUI/OWI attorney can help you navigate the Michigan court process following your DUI/OWI charge. Our attorneys are prepared to help you:
- Gather evidence to assist in mitigating your fines and jail sentence
- Negotiate with opposing counsel
- Represent you at court hearings and at trial if necessary
- Present evidence to mitigate the length of your driver’s license suspension
There is a better chance that you will receive fairer penalties when you have an attorney on your side. We’ll advocate for you no matter what.
Contact A DUI/OWI Lawyer At Haque Legal
Don’t navigate this process alone; call us today and one of our skilled DUI/OWI attorneys can discuss your options with you. Remember that you have to appear in front of the court within 70 days of your DUI/OWI citation. We will get the court process started immediately to ensure you don’t miss any deadlines. Contact us or call (248) 996-9954.