Southfield Car Accident Lawyer
If you are involved in a car accident in Southfield, Michigan, the steps you take in the aftermath of the collision are of the utmost importance. Initially, your first reaction should be to focus on any personal injuries you may have suffered and seek medical attention as soon as possible. Then, once the authorities have arrived, your next move should be to get in contact with a Southfield car accident attorney from Haque Legal.
Why Choose A Southfield Car Accident Attorney From Haque Legal?
- Our personal injury and car accident lawyers understand the nuances of Michigan no-fault auto accidents’ nuanced challenges such as dealing with insurance companies and PIP coverage.
- Our law firm has earned hundreds of lucrative personal injury and property damage settlements and court awards on behalf of our clients.
- We tailor our accident lawyers’ legal strategies to the subtleties of each unique Southfield moto vehicle accident.
- Our motor vehicle attorneys are willing to speak on your behalf to the auto insurance company, opposing counsel, the judge, and others
- We employ a team-oriented approach to justice in which several Southfielcar accident attorneys work together on your case in a collaborative manner.
- Our Southfield personal injury lawyers analyze every piece of potential evidence to bolster your case.
What Do Our Southfield Car Accident Attorneys Do?
Attempting to understand the complexities of Southfield car accident laws and insurance coverages should not be your primary concern after an auto collision. Rather, you should direct your attention toward and personal injury that you may have suffered and let our law firm handle the rest. Haque Legal’s car accident lawyers are here to handle all the legal work on your behalf after this unfortunate situation.
Meet with our attorneys, tell us exactly what happened, and provide us with all relevant evidence that you believe might help your accident case. From pictures to videos taken with your smartphone, hand-drawn pictures of the accident, and statements from eyewitnesses, a car accident lawyer will review all supporting information to build your case, and get you the compensation you deserve. However, in some severe cases, death may occur due to an accident. If this is the case, be sure to reach out to a Southfield wrongful death lawyer for your case.
A Southfield car accident lawyer will represent you in and out of court during settlement negotiations, court hearings, and any other legal matters surrounding the accident. We will develop a legal strategy that is unique to your specific case with the overarching goal of maximizing your compensation and answering any questions you may have. If necessary, our super lawyers will even advocate on your behalf in a court of law to ensure justice is served.
What Are The Major Causes Of Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Typically, the cause of your car accident won’t always be the same as another auto accident that occurs on the same, road, or general area. Perhaps you, unfortunately, came across a negligent driver, meaning they weren’t paying attention and caused the accident. In some situations, there are multiple factors that result in motor vehicle accidents, meaning legal liability is not perfectly clear.
Depending on the specific factors around your case, a third party – such as a vehicle or vehicle parts manufacturer – may be liable for your auto accident and subsequent personal injuries and property damage. So, instead of trying to piece together the legal puzzle by yourself, hire one of our skilled car accident lawyers to do the hard work for you. In addition, if your accident was caused by a commercial truck, our truck accident attorneys in Southfield are here to help.
What Are The Common Types Of injuries That Result From Car Accidents?
Unfortunately, getting into a car can be one of the most dangerous things you do each day. There are thousands of motor vehicle accidents on the road every minute, with the IIHS reporting that in 2019, there were more than 33,244 fatal car accidents. However, if you are lucky enough to survive your accident, there is a high chance that you may have sustained some injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Neck Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Crush Injuries
- Much, much more
Furthermore, catastrophic injuries may also occur in which a Southfield spinal cord injury attorney or brain injury lawyer in Southfield may be necessary. Nevertheless, even if you may not feel immediately injured, if left untreated, some underlying injuries can cause major problems later on. In addition to preventative measures, following your car accident, you will need medical documents and doctor’s recommendations. This information will help you pursue recovery from an at-fault driver or your insurance company with the help of our Southfield car accident lawyers.
How You Can Recover Financially With The Help Of A Car Accident Lawyer From Our Law Firm
Under Michigan law, there are three ways to recover financially for injuries suffered due to a car accident. Yet, although it’s possible to do it alone, they are best handled with the help of a car accident lawyer from our firm. They include:
- The mini-tort claim court:
The mini-tort claim court is only for personal damage to your vehicle that does not exceed $1,000. You must file a claim within three years of the date of damage. Our Southfield car accident attorneys can handle this with ease.
- No-fault personal insurance claim:
Michigan is a no-fault state which means that you are required to pursue payment for your medical bills and lost wages from your own personal insurance. You have one year from the date of your accident to file a claim. Our personal injury lawyers will help with this too.
- Third-party pain and suffering claim:
In Michigan, you can pursue pain and suffering damages and excess medical benefits, and lost wages from the third party, at-fault driver. As of July 2, 2020, Michigan drivers are required to carry liability insurance of $250,000 per person or $500,000 per accident. You have three years from the date of the accident to file a claim.
However, one cannot pursue damages from an at-fault driver in Michigan state court unless the injury is especially egregious. In order to sue an at-fault driver for pain and suffering damages in a Michigan state court, you must demonstrate that your injury is a “serious impairment of a bodily function.” The best way to do this is with assistance from one of Haque Legal’s personal injury lawyers.
How Can Our Firm’s Southfield Car Accident Lawyers Help?
Pursuing compensation from any insurance company, even your own can be a time-consuming process. This is notably because of the volume of information the insurance adjustor may request and the process as a whole. Thankfully, a skilled Southfield personal injury attorney from Haque Legal will know the insurance claim process inside and out. Our law firm will:
- Gather evidence to support our accident victim’s claim such as medical records and/or your doctor’s rehabilitation and continued care recommendations.
- Hire a car accident scene reconstructionist to add a visual aspect to your accident claim.
- Collect witness statements and prepare witnesses for testimony.
- Hire expert witnesses to support your personal injury diagnosis and subsequent medical costs.
- An accident lawyer will request police reports and surveillance footage from around the collision scene.
- Handle all communication with the insurance adjuster and answer questions.
- Respond to requests for more information from the insurance company.
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters for the monetary settlement you deserve for your injuries and property damage.
- Appeal your claim in the event of a denial.
- Draft and file the necessary documents with the court to take legal action and sue the insurance company or at-fault or negligent driver.
Why You Need A Southfield Car Accident Attorney
You shouldn’t navigate this process on your own, especially when you’re trying to recover from a personal injury or other consequences of an auto accident. When a car accident lawyer from our law firm is involved in your insurance claim, the chances of receiving a higher settlement amount increase. You don’t need to spend your hard-earned money on medical bills that aren’t your fault!
Contact Our Law Firm’s Southfield Car Accident Lawyers For Your Case
Our motor vehicle accident team will advocate on your behalf during this difficult period of your life. Let our Southfield, Michigan car accident attorneys in handle all of the legal hurdles following this unfortunate incident and you will be liberated to focus on your work and your family. Our law firm’s aim is to maximize our accident victims’ financial compensation after your car accident and possible personal injuries. Reach out to us today at (248) 996-9954 to schedule a free consultation or let us answer questions you may have. You will not pay a penny for our legal services unless we win your case in the form of a settlement or a court award.