Rehabilitation of a family’s relationship is important in the State of Michigan. In the same Michigan Supreme Court Decision, the Supreme Court provided a specific rule.
Reasonable Efforts of the State
In re A.J.H., No. M2005-00174-COA-R3-PT, (Tenn. Ct. App. Nov. 28, 2005) (“intimacy between reasonable efforts expended for psychiatric evaluation and treatment and substantial compliance with permanency plan requirements, the Supreme Court provided specific information.
- In many circumstances, the success of a parent’s remedial efforts is intertwined with the efforts of the Department’s staff to provide assistance and support. State Department of Children’s Servs. v. Demarr, 2003 WL 21946726, at
- Reasonable efforts entail more than simply providing parents with a list of service providers and sending them on their way. The Department’s employees must use their superior insight and training to assist parents with the problems the Department has identified in the permanency plan, whether the parents ask for assistance or not (In re D.V.V., 2002 WL 225891).
- However, the remedial responsibility does not rest solely on the Department’s shoulders. Parents must also make reasonable efforts to rehabilitate themselves and to remedy the conditions that required them to be separated from their children.
- The Department’s obligation to make reasonable efforts to preserve, repair, or restore a parent-child relationship is not implicated in every termination proceeding. However, when the termination proceeding involves grounds that implicate the Department’s obligation, establishing that it made reasonable efforts to reunite the child with his or her parents is an essential ingredient of the Department’s case.
- In these cases, the Department has the burden of proving its reasonable efforts even when the parent has not questioned the adequacy of its efforts. See Tenn. Code Ann. § 37-1-166(b).
Get Yourself a Good Lawyer
Here at Haque Legal, we always tell potential clients that the best thing that they can do in case of a case filed against them is to get themselves a good lawyer at the beginning of the proceedings. Even when you are just filling up forms or when you think that you already have a dispute, you can always get yourself a good lawyer to get started with the process
The first great thing that you can do is to make sure that you have a good guide when it comes to dealing with legalities. After all, you are fighting for your freedom and your life.
Contact Your Lawyer
If you have been involved in a criminal complaint in Michigan, you need to contact your law firm. A lawyer can help you get started with properly protecting your rights. A lawyer at Haque Legal will see to it that your needs are met from the beginning to the end of the proceedings. You are always in good hands with Haque Legal and what it has to offer.
The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.
Let us help you out
If you are having trouble with the law about a possible charge of a sex crime or you want a lawyer to help you with the representation, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.