Michigan Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Your Experienced Motorcycle Crash Attorneys
When a motorcyclist is involved in a collision, they don’t have the benefit of being surrounded by a steel frame, airbags, or other automobile safety features. Even worse, insurance companies often stereotype bikers as being reckless for merely owning a motorcycle. No matter what the reason, a motorcyclist with years of experience, obeying traffic laws, driving defensively, and always staying on guard can still be involved in a severe motorcycle accident.
If you or a loved one has suffered a substantial personal injury in Southfield, Warren, or Dearborn, after being involved in a motorcycle crash, make sure that you contact one of our experienced Michigan motorcycle accident lawyers at Haque Legal.
Do Your Research and Get the Best Representation for Your Motorcycle Injury
There are plenty of attorneys out there touting themselves as the best option for your legal needs. Many motorcycle attorneys attempt to pass themselves off as fellow bikers, as though their status will qualify them to protect you when it matters most. More often than not, they are using their status as a marketing tool, rather than being genuine about their real character.
In the real world, you need to be concerned about your attorney’s credentials, their experience, and their knowledge, and their ability to win your case. Basing your decision to hire a personal injury attorney based on their claims to be bikers themselves will often end up backfiring when it comes to the courtroom.
Where the rubber meets the road is whether your legal representation is fighting for your best interests, and are willing and capable of handling your case. To find the lawyer who will best suit your needs, do your due diligence to find a motorcycle accident law firm with the litigation experience to win your injury claim. Consultation with a competent, skilled motorcycle injury attorney is a critical first step when filing your claim, and you’ll find the best at Haque Legal.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
There are several cases in which circumstances align to create conditions that lead to motorcycle accidents. Inattentiveness by motorists is probably the most common, making it critical for every biker to stay alert in their surroundings and look out for danger. Knowing what to look out for is a significant first step in mitigating dangerous circumstances.
Following is a list of reasons for vehicle collisions involving a motorcycle.
- Poor road conditions – rain, road work debris, snow, or ice are among the most common
- Drunk drivers – these motorists can be identified by their driving habits, such as swerving or driving erratically
- Failure to check blind spots – motorists often assume there is nothing in their blind spot, creating a recipe for disaster
- Door accidents – when a driver opens their car door without check for oncoming traffic, they can impede a biker’s path of travel
- Overcompensating the front brake – when the front of the motorcycle stops too hard, the rider’s momentum can quickly throw them over their handlebars
- Lane splitting or white-lining – cutting between slower vehicles across lanes is extremely dangerous and often leads to disastrous results
Motorcycle Laws and Riding Safely in Michigan
Knowing the law and obeying all traffic laws is an important first step in preventing the worst from happening.
Here are a few more steps to take to prevent becoming the next victim of a motorcycle-involved accident.
ALWAYS wear a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), or Snell-approved helmet. These helmets are tested for conditions identical to those of a motorcyclist. Check the product description and helmet labeling to ensure your helmet is correctly rated and never wear a helmet that doesn’t have labeling.
Look out for motorists and avoid their blind spots. Many drivers aren’t used to the presence of motorcycles. As a result, they aren’t conditioned to keep an eye out. That means you, the motorcycle rider, must keep an eye out for them.
Make yourself more visible with reflective motorcycle safety gear. There are a number of options that will make you more visible and less likely to be ignored.
Why Hire A Motorcycle Accident Attorney
At Haque Legal, we aggressively litigate intending to hold negligent motorists responsible for their carelessness. This negligence has a profound negative impact on motorcyclists who fall victim to a severe accident, which is why Haque Legal is passionate about representing the biker community. When comes to hiring a motorcycle accident attorney, we will not disappoint, and neither will our motorcycle accident lawyers in Southfield. So, let us show you why we are the best choice to be your motorcycle injury attorney.
Common Motorcycle Collision Injuries
Motorbike accident victims usually suffer from more than one type of injury. These injuries are often critical, and many times result in a fatality. Some of the most common injuries are listed below, from least to most severe.
- Road Rash – when your body hits the ground at vehicle speeds, the pavement, dirt, gravel, or other surface types act like sandpaper, causing bruises, abrasion, and cuts.
- Broken Bones – momentum is your enemy when you’re pitched through the air. A collision with other objects, vehicles, and the road can lead to numerous fractures and broken bones.
- Amputation – When injuries compromise the extremities, the result is often a need to remove the limb. There is a disproportionate number of personal injury claims filed for amputation.
- Spinal Cord Injury – it’s common knowledge that a spinal injury can result in paralysis of the legs or arms and legs, and even death.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – Failure to wear the Snell or DOT safety helmet recommended above will most certainly result in head trauma from impact with your surroundings. These injuries are severe and can result in severe degradation of the quality of life.
- Death – Another well-known fact is that many motorcycle accidents are fatal. Many of the injuries described above ultimately lead to fatalities.
If a fatality was involved in a Michigan motorcycle accident, please visit our Southfield wrongful death lawyers page for more information.
The Long Term Impacts of Motorcycle Injuries
In the event of a collision with another vehicle, while operating your motorcycle, moped, or scooter, it is imperative that you find quality representation as soon as possible. When the accident happens, as far as you are able, you must make an effort to obtain statements from any witnesses, as well as preserve any evidence of the driver’s responsibility.
Planning for the long term starts with immediate representation. Some circumstances which arise following an accident are listed below.
- Loss of income due to time off work, or work preventing injuries
- Medical bills for emergency and continuing care
- Diminished quality of life, especially when injuries are serious
- Chronic pain as a result of injuries
- Mental impairment as a result of depression, stress, and similar factors
- Costs for medical equipment during and after rehabilitation
- Financial costs for replacement of your motorbike
- Loss of consortium
With all of these conditions, defending yourself in court should be the last thing on your mind. That’s why it is so important to find the best legal representation that you can. At Haque Legal, our motorcycle accident lawyers make every effort to recover the most significant settlement possible.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
At the Haque Legal each client is provided the cell phone number and email address for their handling attorney. This fosters proper client communications that are generally not seen at motorcycle accident law firms and other mass advertising law firms.
As motorcycle injury lawyers, we regularly represent the interests of victims who have been mistreated by an insurance company. Whether you are a motorcycle rider or a motorist, Haque Legal is committed to handling your injury claim and advancing the case into litigation if the insurance carrier refuses to evaluate the request reasonably and prudently. If you’ve been injured as a result of a motorcycle crash, contact Haque Legal to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney at (248)-996-9954.