Dearborn Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are suffering from an injury that resulted from someone else’s careless actions in don’t hesitate to contact Haque Legal. Our Dearborn personal attorneys help injured clients recover financial compensation from the at-fault party and navigate the legal process with more ease. The Haque legal team is skilled in personal injury cases and ready to help you in any way you need. Call us today (248) 996-9954 and one of our personal injury attorneys in Southfield, Dearborn or Warren will walk you through a free case consultation.
Choose Us For Your Personal Injury Needs
- We’ve recovered millions in settlement dollars for our clients.
- We take a collaborative approach to every personal injury case we handle.
- We are very thorough and won’t leave any possible financial recovery option on the table
What Can I Financially Recover?
Financial relief varies depending on the extent of your injuries and the extent of the accident. The basic types of financial recovery for personal injury typically see are:
- Medical expenses include medical bills, ambulance costs, x-ray bills, prescription medication, rehabilitation bills, and much more.
- Lost wages. Lost wages make up for the pay you would have received from your employer had you been working.
- Pain and suffering. These damages are a little harder to quantify but they are awarded for mental and physical anguish, loss of consortium, permanent disability, and much more.
Don’t Preclude Yourself From Financial Recovery Following A Personal Injury
Michigan has a statute of limitations for filing a personal injury action. Michigan provides that you must file a personal injury action within three years from the date of injury. If you don’t file within three years, you may be precluded from financial recovery completely.
What Are The Avenues Of Recovery
First, if the personal injury involves an insurance agency or is related to a car accident, then you must pursue a claim for medical bills and lost wages from your own insurance company.
If the insurance policy limit is not enough to cover your damages, then we can pursue an excess medical bills claim in court to recover payment for the excess medical bills. Similarly, if their claim is not one that you can seek compensation from an insurance company, we can pursue full damages from the at-fault party in court.
How Do You Prove Negligence
Michigan courts employ the reasonably prudent person principle. There are four elements of negligence that we must prove:
- Did the defendant owe a duty to the plaintiff?
- Did the defendant’s actions constitute a breach of duty?
- Were the defendant’s actions responsible for the injuries the plaintiff sustained?
- Do the plaintiff’s injuries qualify for damages for which a defendant can compensate them?
The reasonably prudent person principle is used to compare the defendant’s actions to a reasonably prudent lawful and law-abiding person. If the defendant deviates from this standard the court will find them negligent, and your personal injury lawyer can take it from there.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We handle all kinds of personal injury claims. If you’ve been injured, we have an attorney that can help. The most common types of personal injury claims we see are:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Dog bites
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premise liability claims
- Medical malpractice claims
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
These are just some of our personal injury practice areas. We handle all types of injury claims. If you are suffering from an injury that is of no fault of your own, don’t suffer in silence. If an injury results in a death, call our wrongful death attorneys in Southfield to start the financial recovery process on your behalf.
How A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
An attorney does more than show up to your court hearings. A Haque Legal personal injury attorney can help you:
- Gather evidence to support your claims
- Hire an accident scene constructionist to present to the jury
- Hire expert witness to explain the nature and extent of your injury
- Depose and cross-examine witnesses
- File all pleadings with the court
- Navigate the insurance claims process
- Manage the court schedule and make sure all deadlines are met
- Negotiate with insurance companies and opposing counsel
- Advocate for you throughout the entire process
An attorney is invaluable to have throughout the personal injury process. You shouldn’t face any of this on your own. In fact, plaintiffs usually obtain a more favorable result when an attorney is involved.
Steps To Filing A Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Hire a personal injury attorney: We know the process inside and out.
- Investigate the cause of your personal injury accident: This is important to determine who the at-fault party is.
- Document all injuries: This step is important for obtaining financial relief.
- Attempt to negotiate with the opposing party: Avoiding court is the most cost-effective and fast way to obtain relief.
- Start the court process: We will go to court if we can’t obtain a satisfactory settlement.
- Prove your case: We will go before a judge and jury to argue the merits of your claim.
- Receive an award of damages: The process is over!
No personal injury case is the same, and it is important to be flexible with the process. Hiring a personal injury attorney will take a lot of the burden off your shoulders.
Contact Haque Legal Today
We are here to help navigate you through this difficult process and get the results you desire. Our attorneys at Haque Legal are passionate about helping our clients get the financial recovery they deserve. We have successfully litigated hundreds of positive outcomes for our clients and we’ll do the same for you. Contact us today and one of our skilled attorneys will walk you through a free case consultation. (248) 996-9954