Dearborn Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents have devastating consequences. Not only can they lead to serious injury or death but car accidents can cause medical bills to pile up rapidly. After a serious car accident, it is difficult to know which steps to take next when medical bills are beyond your control. A Dearborn car accident attorney can help guide you through the legal process and make sure you recover financially from an at-fault driver. Don’t suffer in silence any longer.
How Haque Legal Can Help
- We approach all car accident cases with the sensitivity and care they require.
- We are thorough, and we won’t leave any stone unturned.
- We’re collaborative, and our office works as a team to get you the best results.
What Are Common Injuries After A Car Accident?
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Neck Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Crush Injuries
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should seek medical attention immediately and contact the personal injury attorneys in Southfield, Warren, or Dearborn for our help.
Steps After A Car Accident
- Call 911. If there are serious injuries, call 911 immediately.
- File a police report. Most insurance companies, regardless of whether the at-fault driver is insured, will want to see a police report.
- Don’t admit fault. It is imperative to never admit fault when you’ve been involved in an accident as this may limit your ability to recover damages later on.
- Exchange insurance and contact information. Make sure to take a picture of the other driver’s insurance information and identification; you will need it to file a claim or pursue damages at a later date.
- Call your insurance company. Letting your insurance company know you’ve been in an accident will help speed up the process. An insurance agent can tell you the information they need to pursue the other driver’s insurance company or start an uninsured driver claim.
- Go to the hospital. If you fear you may be injured or you want to preserve the option to pursue personal injury claims against the other driver, go to the hospital. Courts and insurance companies will want to see medical records in order to verify personal injury damage awards.
- Call your insurance-approved mechanic. Due to COVID, many auto-body shops are scheduling appointments months out. Make sure to call an insurance-approved mechanic immediately to get your vehicle repaired as soon as possible.
- Hire a Dearborn car accident attorney. Hiring a car accident attorney at the beginning of your insurance proceedings will produce the best results because your attorney can guide you through the claims process from the start.
Michigan’s No-Fault Insurance Law
Michigan just switched to a no-fault insurance scheme. What the no-fault insurance law means is that first, injured drivers will seek financial recovery from their own insurance company, regardless of fault.
Why Do I Need A Car Accident Attorney
A skilled Dearborn car accident lawyer can guide you through the claims process and negotiate with insurance companies to get you the best settlement possible. Insurance companies are notorious for convincing claimants to accept a settlement amount for less than they deserve. Hiring a car accident attorney will ensure that your claim is taken seriously. In addition to negotiating with insurance companies, an attorney can:
- Gather evidence to support your claims of injury
- Handle all negotiations with opposing counsel and the insurance company
- Initiate insurance claims and litigation proceedings
- Depose and cross-examine witnesses
- Manage court hearings and filing deadlines
- Hire an accident scene reconstructionist to present at trial
- Hire expert witnesses to discuss the extent and nature of your injuries
What Damages Are Available
Medical expenses include doctors bills, ambulance rides, prescription medication, ongoing physical therapy, surgery bills, x-ray bills, and more. You should make a copy of every bill you receive from a medical provider in order to prove the exact costs of your injury.
- Lost wages
Oftentimes, your injury is so severe that you are not able to work for a while after the accident. Lost wages help you recover the money you would have earned had you been working.
- Pain and suffering
Pain and suffering damages are qualitative damages related to the mental pain and bodily pain you are in after the accident. These damages are meant to compensate you for emotional distress, injury to reputation, loss of consortium, and much more. Our car accident attorneys can help you determine what pain and suffering damages you can recover for.
Michigan Recognizes Contributory Fault
The law of contributory fault allows the jury or the insurance company to reduce your damage award by the amount in which you are found at fault for the accident. For example, if you were speeding, the opposing party may try to argue that your speeding contributed 20% to the accident and your damage award should be reduced by 20%.
The best way to defend against contributory fault claims is to hire a knowledgeable car accident attorney to refute insurance representatives’ calculations through the use of evidence and expert witness testimony.
Contact Us Today
If you need a car accident lawyer in Southfield, Dearborn, or Warren due to someone else’s carelessness, our car accident lawyers are here to help. At Haque Legal, our goal is to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact one of our skilled car accident attorneys today to schedule your free case consultation. (248) 996-9954